The ArdMoor Guide to Work Boots
When working in potentially dangerous situations, it is vital to be as prepared and safe as possible. A good pair of work boots can be a lifesaver and help prevent serious injury.
With so many options, it is important you chose the correct boot to suit your needs. To aid this, we have selected a few things to consider.
Boot vs Wellington
Wellingtons are naturally more beneficial when working in wet environments. They also better suited to messier situations, as they are far easier to both clean and disinfect. A shorter, leather safety boot is preferable for work on the yard, allowing for more freedom of movement.
Your toes are very vulnerable and need the right protection. There is the traditional steel toe cap, still the most commonly used. However, there are some modern alternatives which offer the same protection, without heat conducting issues. Most named “safety” boots have been tested to withstand a 200-joule impact.
There are options to consider here. A boot intended for agricultural use should have protection against chemicals, waste and slip-resistant. For protection on site, something with an anti-penetration sole and heat protection may be more beneficial.
Hoggs of Fife – Classic L5 Safety Boot
- Hard-wearing full grain leather uppers
- Steel toe cap, CE EN 345-1 SB tested to 200 joules toe protection
- Padded ankle collar
- Anti-penetration sole & ceramic safety toe (ISO20345)
- Agricultural boot, designed to protect against chemicals and waste
- Tough rubber lower & high-wicking neoprene upper
- Composite toe keeps toes warmer without sacrificing protection
- 100% non-metallic for electronic working environments
- High level impact protection and grip
- Uses a ceramic toe cap, keeping you insulated from conduct heat or electricity
- 5mm anti-penetration insole
- Also available as a wellington
- Resistant to agricultural working conditions
- Slip resistant
- Energy absorbing and anti-static
For any further questions or advice, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our team who will be delighted to help.