Riding boots for all disciplines
We know that with so much choice and so many different riding boots on the market, it can be tricky to find the very best riding boots for your needs. We’ve put together a handy guide which should help you to find the perfect pair of equestrian boots whether they are for the field, the yard or in the saddle.
Long riding boots
Traditionally, long riding boots are made from leather and are designed to be close-fitting yet comfortable. Due to the materials used, long leather boots can often be an expensive option, however are designed to last and mould to the rider’s leg for optimum fit and comfort. Long leather riding boots are popular for competition use and come in a variety of styles – including dress boots, field boots and hunt boots – to suit a variety of disciplines including show jumping, cross country and dressage.
- Made with soft quality leather and suede calf which protects against rubbing
- Perfect for the show ring or for everyday training
- Synthetic stretch panels for a sleek and comfortable fit
Mark Todd Long Leather Competition Boots
- Full length zip and elasticated gusset for the best fit
- Soft calfskin leather with sleek fit
Mountain Horse Opus High Rider
- Ideal for competition circuit and arena
- FlexNotch Technology – aids rider when seated in saddle
- Elastic panels along inside back of leg to aid easy donning
Generally, jodhpur boots are used for general riding and for wear around the yard. Their ankle-length makes these boots extremely versatile and easy to pull on. For riding, jodhpur boots tend to be worn with chaps or gaiters to prevent pinching.
Harry Hall Buxton
- Leather lining and stitched resin with a hardy rubber outsole for competition protection
- Comfortable cushioned insole which is shock absorbing
- Stretchy honeycomb elasticated sides for snug fit
Mountain Horse Rider Classic
- Everyday riding and yard work boot
- Steel shank placed in sole provides superior support
- Impact Protection System will absorb impact and stop tired feet
Harry Hall Clifton Ladies Jodhpur Boots
- High quality leather, pull-on style short riding boots
- Suitable for everyday use or smart enough to wear in the competition ring.
Country boots are a great, all-round hybrid boot for equestrian use and general outdoor wear. Incredibly practical, most country boots are robust enough to be worn in the field, comfortable enough to be worn all day in the yard and safe enough for general riding and hacking.
Orca Bay Orkney
- Premium leather make boots comfortable and hardwearing
- Waterproof and breathable with two tone leather
- Aqua stop waterproof membrane keeps feet warm and dry in winter
- Waxed nubuck leather and softest suede means boots are hardwearing
- Perfect for all seasons
- Sympatex membrane, taped seams to ensure feet remain dry
Short riding boots
Jodhpur boots or short riding boots are ideal for everyday use and for growing children as they tend to be more affordable than long riding boots. Supportive and easy to get on/off, these are also great for wearing around the yard and can be paired with gaiters or chaps for hacking, schooling and jumping.
- Waterproof sympatex membrane and taped seams to ensure feet stay dry
- Zip front makes them easy to pull on
- Ideal for work in the yard/paddock as well as for riding
Harry Hall Hartford
- Zip front for ease of taking on and off
- Designed with single directional grip outer sole to keep you steady
- Shock absorbing insoles for maximum support and comfort
Mountain Horse Sovereign
- Practical and technical features including supportive steel shank
- Ergonomically designed foot bed for comfort and high density outsole
- Grip responsive ripple zones for max control.
Need some help choosing a pair of riding boots?
If you have any questions about our riding boots, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team.