Sealskinz Care Guide
Expert skills, care, time and technical fabrics come together in every Sealskinz product. They allow you to tackle cold, wet weather but also to perform in warmer conditions with great breathability.
With your Sealskinz purchase, you have invested in a leading item with regards to maximum waterproof protection, exceptional moisture control and protection. Follow Sealskinz top advice to keep your hands, head or feet dry, warm and comfortable whatever your chosen outdoor activity.
Each product has a care label attached to the package to indicate the appropriate care instructions. Please read those carefully.
- Sealskinz waterproof products have a permanent waterproof membrane that will need no re-waterproofing in its lifetime. Waterproof socks (including oversocks) and knitted gloves can be machine washed at a max temperature of 40°C. No special requirements of washing powder or detergent are specified. Then tumble dry on a COOL setting or drip dry on a rail but not the radiator; it is advised not to place wet items on a direct heat source. An additional tip is to turn your socks inside out, as the wool lining takes longer to dry than the nylon outer.
- Non-knitted gloves should be washed at 30°C or below.
- Gloves with a leather palm should be wiped with a damp cloth/lukewarm water or brush. Avoid using soap detergent on the leather. Use a suitable leather conditioner cream as needed.
- NANO products should be washed at a maximum temp of 30°C, then tumble dried on COOL setting for a max of 5 mins or drip dried.
- Sealskinz socks contain a waterproof membrane; you should always wear them with appropriate footwear to prevent damage caused by abrasion from small rocks etc. These can otherwise tear and damage the membrane. With gloves, avoid abrasion from thorns and other spiked objects such as barbed wire that might damage the inner membrane – once that is punctured the membrane’s integrity is lost.
All Sealskinz products are guaranteed against any manufacturer’s defects for a period of 12 months after purchase. Many products are also labelled with the Stretchdry Lifetime Guarantee and the Two Year Waterproof Guarantee from Sealskinz. All products are rigorously tested before sale as part of the manufacturing process to ensure they are 100% waterproof and to ensure you receive the goods in the top condition that they should be in.