This a really simple, light and refreshing mid-week supper for 2. Just 15-20 minutes preparation and cooking time in total.
2 x salmon fillets
2 teaspoons Thai Green Curry paste
2 tablespoons oil
lime wedges to serve
Coconut & coriander noodles:
100g rice stick noodles
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
4 spring onions, chopped
3/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 long red chilli (sliced)
100ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Mix the oil with the curry paste and brush over the entire surface of the salmon fillets.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes until tender then drain and rinse.
- Heat grill to high. Grease a baking tray, then sit the salmon, flesh-side up, on the tray. Grill for 5 mins, until the salmon is cooked through and the edges are starting to blacken.
- Add sugar to lime juice until it dissolved.
- Pour lime juice & sugar mixture over noodles and toss with onions, coriander, chilli, coconut milk and fish sauce until well combined.
- Divide the noodles between 2 plates and place salmon fillet on top.
- Decorate with a few fresh coriander leaves and 2 lime wedges.
- Serve with a fresh green salad or gently steamed mange tout.
Top tips: if you are not a fan of salmon, this would work equally well with any fish fillet or chicken breasts – just adjust cooking times to suit. You can swap the red chilis with green if you like it a little hotter: the red just look prettier in the noodle mix!
To see more of our country cooking ideas, head over to the recipes section on our blog.