After working up an appetite on a day of fishing, it’s time to head home to gut the fish and prepare your meal. This quick trout recipe offers a tasty treat in just 45 minutes, so by the time you have a wash, put away your fly rod and other fishing gear, your feast will be prepared. What you will need:
- Chilli infused oil
This simple recipe requires minimal effort.
- Grab an oven suitable bowl and place a generous layer of foil in the bottom.
- Take your freshly caught, gutted and cleaned fish and place inside the foil.
- Sprinkle some chilli infused oil inside and outside the fish.
- Place a small amount of butter inside the fish
- Sprinkle some black pepper and salt over the fish
- Close the foil over your fish and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes per lb (35-45 minutes per Kg). Fillets, being thinner, only need about the half the regular cooking time.
- Serve the fish with a baked potato, salad and lemon for flavouring – simple and tasty.